RGF EXECUTIVE SEARCH PHILIPPINES, INC. (RGF), is an executive search company that aims to deliver top management recruitment results to its clients. We value your trust and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. RGF complies with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA) and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR).
Scope and Application
Under the DPA, processing includes the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of data.
Personal Information Controller
For purposes of the DPA, the Personal Information Controller is RGF EXECUTIVE SEARCH PHILIPPINES, INC. (RGF) with office address at Unit 1 5th Floor Citibank Center Building, 8741 Paseo de Roxas, Makati.
The Personal Data that RGF Collects
RGF collects your Personal Data to provide you with recruitment and/or related services.
Definition of Personal and Sensitive Information
The DPA defines personal information as any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which an identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual. These include your name, birthday, mobile phone number, landline, or e-mail address and references, among others.
Some personal information that you will provide are considered sensitive personal information as listed under Section 3 (l) of the DPA. These include your age, race, marital status, health, education, employment history, social security number, among others. RGF will collect, use or disclose your sensitive personal information only in accordance with the DPA and its IRR.
Personal and sensitive personal information are collectively referred to as Personal Data.
How RGF collects Personal Data.
RGF generally collects Personal Data directly from you when you:
- deal with RGF staff in person, by telephone, letter, email, fax or via RGF’s website;
- submit a CV and/or application letter;
- fill out and submit an application form; and
- submit any other information in connection with your application.
RGF also collects your Personal Data from third parties that it will contact for verification purposes, such as in the following instances:
- from the references you have provided;
- verification from academic institutions and/or professional associations or licensing bodies of the educational and professional qualifications you stated in your CV;
- inquiries from former employers and co-workers;
- performance feedback, including any administrative proceedings you were involved in at the workplace; or
- information on any investigation, professional license disciplinary matter, or criminal, civil or other legal proceedings in which you are or were involved.
RGF will only collect Personal Data from third parties that you have specifically consented to. RGF will normally obtain your prior consent but if it is unable to do so, it will take reasonable steps to inform you as soon as practicable that it has collected Personal Data from a third party and make sure that you are aware of the purposes for which RGF has collected your Personal Data.
How RGF may use your Personal Data
Personal Data that RGF collected and received may be used, among others, for the following:
- to provide recruitment and related services;
- to match your credentials against job opportunities that RGF may determine to be appropriate for you;
- to apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your credentials to potential employers and engagers;
- to respond to your inquiries or questions;
- for the verification or vetting of your credentials and other Personal Data;
- to communicate to you any relevant information, such as employment opportunities and details of any events.for other purposes for which you availed of the services of RGF; and
- for other purposes for which you availed of RGF’s services.
How RGF May Disclose or Share Personal Data to Third Parties
RGF will only share your Personal Data to third parties who have proper interest and only with your consent, unless permitted or required by law. RGF shall take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties are bound by written agreements to use your Personal Data solely for the stated purpose and in accordance with RGF’s instructions, and to comply with the DPA and IRR. RGF may share your Personal Data with third parties, such as:
- prospective employers or engagers;
- affiliates of the RGF/Bo Le Group or Offices;
- other recruitment companies;
- agents who conduct background checking and screening;
- service providers or contractors engaged to perform services on RGF’s behalf, including IT consultants conducting testing and development work on RGF’s IT systems or data encoders that encode your Personal Data in RGF’s standard format; and
- in the event RGF enters into a joint venture with, is sold or merged with another business entity, the new owner would have access to the information held by RGF, which could include your Personal Data.
If You Choose Not To Provide Personal Data
In instances where you refuse to provide or withdraw your Personal Data, RGF cannot provide you with recruitment and other related services.
Personal Data Security and Retention
RGF adopts appropriate organizational, physical and technical measures to protect your Personal Data against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration and disclosure, fraudulent misuse, as well as against any other unlawful processing. RGF stores personal data in secure computer facilities and paper-based files, and uses various processes to ensure the protection of your personal data, including:
- locks and security systems in the office premises;
- use of computer passwords to limit access to shared network drives;
- limiting access to hardcopies of documents containing personal data to authorized staff;
- conduct of data integrity audits; and
- tracking movements and custody of files.
RGF will retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the stated purpose. When no longer required or if you ask to be removed from RGF’s systems, RGF will dispose or delete your Personal Data in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or the public.
However, as RGF may need to answer queries or resolve issues and comply with requirements under applicable laws, we may retain your Personal Data for a period of 10 years after your last interaction with RGF. Should RGF have a legitimate business reason to extend the retention period, we will specifically secure your written consent prior to the lapse of the 10-year period.
Access, correction, blocking/deletion of your Personal Data
You have the right to request access to your information. RGF will ensure that your Personal Data is accurate, complete and up to date. In this regard, RGF may contact you for any update in your information. Depending on the nature of the request, RGF may charge a reasonable fee for providing access to your Personal Data.
In the event that you find that your Personal Data with RGF is incorrect or inaccurate, you may inform RGF and upon finding of its reasonableness we will undertake to correct the information immediately and take the necessary steps to ensure that all the records pertaining to your personal information is correct and updated.
RGF may, however, deny your request for access on legal grounds and this will be communicated to you.
RGF will likewise undertake to suspend, withdraw or block, remove or destroy your Personal Data from RGF’s personal information filing system upon your showing of substantial proof for the same as required by law.
Transfer of your Personal Data outside of the Philippines
RGF has a global network with a presence in different countries. As such, your Personal Data may be disclosed or transferred outside the Philippines either by RGF and/or by any of the third parties as stated in this Policy. A transfer may happen, for example, when it is necessary as part of the recruitment process, such as when you applied or are being considered for a position or vacancy outside the country. During such transfers of Personal Data, RGF and/or the third parties we shared your Personal Data with may store your Personal Data in their server abroad. RGF will take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Data.
How to contact us:
RGF may be reached for any request for access to or correction of your Personal Data or to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy at the following:
Telephone: (02) 811 6258
The Data Protection Officer
RGF Executive Search Philippines, Inc.
Unit 1, 5th Floor Citibank Center Building
8741 Paseo de Roxas